Today we’re excited to announce that we’ve expanded our transport data coverage for the TravelTime API — with the addition of 12 new countries now supported by our API.
The TravelTime API lets you search locations by travel time using your preferred mode of transportation. Because you’re able to search thousands of locations at a time with the API, having the data to support the coverage of as many locations as possible is a crucial part of making such a search possible.
Adding new countries to our API means that our users can now create travel time isochrones, generate distance and travel time matrices and visualise all reachable locations within a time limit, in even more countries than before.
Which new countries are now available?
The following 12 countries are now available through our API:
- Argentina – we now have public transport coverage for the cities of Buenos Aires and Cordoba, as well as some intercity transport and driving data.
- Chile – the driving mode and most of the available public transport data in Chile can now be used by our customers.
- Colombia – we can now offer most of the available public transport data and driving data.
- Dominican Republic – we have added public transit data for the cities of Santo Domingo and Santiago de los Caballeros, along with driving data for the whole country.
- Nicaragua – the driving mode is now available along with public transport data for the cities of Managua, Ciudad Sandino and Esteli, with intercity transport.
- Philippines – we have added extensive public transport coverage for the whole country, along with driving data.
- Thailand – we’ve added driving data along with some public transport data, mainly for the capital, Bangkok (public transport includes metro, buses and skytrain).
- Taiwan – we’ve added bus and rail coverage for part of the country (including the capital Taipei City) plus driving data.
- Hong Kong – we now have all available public transport data, as well as driving data.
- Greece – clients can now use the driving mode as well as some coverage of public transport data, including the capital city of Athens.
- Moldova – coverage of the capital city Chisinau is now available, including the driving mode.
- Slovakia – the public transport data for the capitol city of Bratislava and a few other cities is now available, as well as driving data for the whole country.
Which countries does TravelTime already support?
Aside from the countries above, TravelTime offers transport coverage for 44 countries. This includes:
- Driving coverage for all 44 countries;
- 23 countries with full public transport coverage;
- 13 countries with partial coverage (this varies from having just a few cities covered to having almost all public transport coverage);
- 8 countries with driving coverage only.
We have transport coverage for most of Europe – with 29 European countries covered in some way.
Full coverage is available for 18 of them: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Almost all public transport data is available for the Czech Republic, France and Poland, and we have partial coverage of Croatia, Hungary, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Romania. At the time of writing, we only have driving coverage available for Ukraine and San Marino.
We have extensive public transport coverage for the USA and Canada.
Australia & New Zealand
TravelTime can offer all the available public transport data for Australia and New Zealand.
In the Middle East, we have full public transport and driving data for Israel and Cyprus, and only driving data available for Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar.
TravelTime offers full public transport for Singapore and partial coverage of Japan, along with driving data for both countries.
Driving coverage and partial public transport data is available for South Africa.
How we collect our transport data
TravelTime currently offers the most comprehensive public transport data. To continue ensuring the best and most extensive transport coverage, we have a dedicated data team who regularly add new data and ensure that our existing data is always kept up to date.
At TravelTime, we constantly strive to improve the coverage of our API and plugins by regularly adding driving data and public transport coverage for new countries.
Currently, our data team is working on adding transport coverage for Serbia and other countries. Stay tuned for more to come!
If you’d like to test the TravelTime API for yourself, you can start a free trial today.