TravelTime Distance Matrix API
Easily calculate travel times between thousands of origins and destinations
Calculate thousands of travel times in milliseconds
Our high-performance API calculates travel times between thousands of origins and destinations for all transport modes in just milliseconds. Compare modes to choose the most efficient journey.
Get accurate public transport costs
Get accurate journey costs for all origin-destination pairs via public transport, including single fares and weekly, monthly and annual tickets.
Analyse travel times for single and combined transport modes
All public transport modes
Driving & train
Cycling & public transport
Cycling & ferry
Driving & ferry
Enhance the customer experience on your website or app
- Travel: show accurate travel times from the user’s selected destination to thousands of accommodation listings
- Property: rank available properties based on the commute time to the searcher’s office or other desired location
- Retail: display a list of the nearest store locations to your customers
- Job portal: target job ads to the most relevant candidates based on commute time
Power your location analysis with travel time
- Field staff logistics: solve the travelling salesperson problem and calculate the shortest journey times for your sales team
- Fleet management: determine the most efficient routes for your fleet and assign locations to the closest delivery driver
- Office site selection: analyse commute times for employees to potential office locations
- Retail site selection: calculate journey times for existing customers to potential and existing retail locations and competitor locations
Distance Matrix API Resources
Integrations & getting started
Get started today Sign up for a free trial to start using the TravelTime Distance Matrix API.
What data does the API request return?
The API request returns the following data:
- Public transport costs (e.g. single, weekly, annual fares)
- True A to B route distance for cycling, walking & driving
- Total travel times
Do I have to select a fixed arrival/departure time?
No, our tool gives you the flexibility to select a range for arrival and/or departure times. For example, you can choose a departure time of between 8am and 9am to analyse the most efficient departure time.
What model do you use to calculate travel times?
We have a dedicated in-house data collection team to ensure that you get accurate, up-to-date results. Learn more about our data model.
What are the SLAs?
SLAs start from 99% and increase based on the contract selected.